Chemonics Deutschland gGmbH, a non-profit registered in Germany , seeks an operations specialists for an anticipated Department of State-funded local governance and civil society project in Syria. These positions will be based in Berlin, Germany and do not require travel to Syria. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
The Operations Manager will work closely with project management, support staff in the Berlin office, and serve as the primary liaison with operational and logistics vendors in Germany. The operations manager will provide significant leadership in all operational areas, particularly including company (e.g. corporate or non-profit) management and effectively working within Germany’s corporate legal structures. This position reports to the Deputy Chief of Party for Operations and will periodically be called on to fill in for that role.
• Support senior management and/or lead in the day-to-day management of relationships with our current tax, immigration, payroll, and future local bank contacts.
• Prepare payment packages in line with Chemonics – DE’s standard operating procedures, and review these procedures to ensure they meet German banking and other financial requirements.
• Lead procurement and logistic processes in line with Chemonics’ processes, such that vendors are on-hand when needed to resolve foreseeable issues.
• Support staff in various German human resources and immigration needs, in line with guidance from company-affiliated lawyers.
• Generally provide context and perspective on how the German corporate, financial/tax/banking, and government (e.g. residency registration) systems work.
• Review of German-language correspondence with various government or vendor offices, and prompt explanation and context of the same to senior management, including recommended next steps where possible.
• Identification of operational and logistical needs of the office and demonstration of initiative to resolve them.
• A variety of administrative tasks, such as making hotel reservations, liaising with building management, maintaining the asset management workbook, and keeping hard- and soft-copy operations (including HR) files up to date.
• Possibility of supervising a small team of various experience levels.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics. For more information on Chemonics International, visit www.chemonics.com.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the EU, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. For more information, please read the EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice here: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Five years of relevant experience
- University degree or equivalent experience
- Appropriate computer skills in MS products
- Leadership skills