The operations specialist will provide administrative support to the project by supporting the operations manager in the areas of human resources, inventory control, facilities maintenance, events and conferences, as well as service agreements with vendors. In addition, the operations specialist will assist in organizing travel for those working under the project. S/he will report directly to the operations manager.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides administrative support in several assigned areas to the operations manager with little supervision and full accountability.
• Develops and trains operations staff on tools and systems required for the planning, implementation, tracking, reporting and quality control of office’s operational and administrative activities.
• Conducts operational procurement for the project; trains operations staff on procurement procedures, best practices.
• Manages office and residential leases and services, including facilities oversight.
• Tracks utilization of all office supplies, procures supplies as necessary, and maintains an up to date inventory of all project property. Regularly looks for ways to improve cost efficiency through analysis of usage, actual needs, and market comparisons of like items.
• Prepares and ensures that files have all necessary administrative forms for project related items, such as travel, procurement actions and leave request forms.
• Manages the maintenance of office equipment.
• Maintains SRPII/SCSI files and ensures that all correspondence and documents are properly signed and filed in accordance with filing system.
• Supervise selected support staff in carrying out various duties in support of the office.
• Serve as acting operations manager when needed and represent operations within the project management structure.
• Undertake other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field required.
• At least three to five years of relevant experience in Germany is required managing/administering similar functions.
• At least one year of supervisory experience is required.
• Demonstrated knowledge of all aspects of office management.
• Ability to work in a professional and cordial manner with fellow staff members, visitors, partner institutions including international and local NGOs, governmental entities, support organizations, and the general public.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, to prioritize multiple work assignments in an extremely fast-paced environment, to meet deadlines, and to exercise good, professional judgment that reflects positively on the image and communicates the established program message of the project.
• Ability to effectively use computer software, including word processing and basic spreadsheet applications.
• Fluent written and spoken German required as well as highly proficient written and spoken English. Additional proficiency in Arabic preferred but not required.
• Must have current work authorization (blue card or equivalent) in Germany and be authorized to work.
- Must have current work authorization in Germany
- Fluent written and spoken German required